Here you can find information on how to dress for a winter wedding! Winter weddings are challenging when it comes to choosing your guest wedding attire! We have selected the best looks and tips on what to wear to a winter wedding in a fashionable manner yet keeping in mind the cold weather! Find the latest fashion looks for wedding guest outfits!
Red is a classic Christmas color, so a dressy red cocktail gown, like this one Ashley Greene is wearing, is always a safe and beautiful option.
How to dress for a winter wedding
A winter wedding is very classy. The cold calls for extra layers of warmth and people often believe that it is not possible to dress elegantly and be stylish when attending a winter wedding. That is not necessarily true. In fact the cold gives a somewhat classic touch to a wedding. Who doesn’t like gloves and sophisticated winter coats? If you are having trouble finding out how to dress to a winter wedding read these tips and we will help you finding out what to wear to a winter wedding and how to make the most of this beautiful season.
- Golden rules for winter weddings are thicker and heavier fabrics! They are warmer and fit better with the season. You can mix and match different fabrics like for instance a woolen pencil skirt with a silk blouse. If the wedding is more formal then invest in a silk or satin dress paired up with a well-designed winter coat that protects from the cold while being stylish.
- The winter color palette rarely changes drastically from year to year. Winter is the season of the darker colors so look for an outfit that does not deviate a lot from the pattern. A bright pink or yellow dress for instance might be colors that are hard to match with a nice winter coat and stockings. Dark colors or shades are very classy options and it is possible to add color through the accessories, shoes or even a clutch. So try to stick with that rule!
- Find an outfit that works for you! A certain dress might look amazing on your sister or your friend but it does not mean it will work for you. Our body shape, eye color, hair color and skin tone must always be kept in mind when choosing an outfit. The right dress can bring those attributes up while the wrong one can simply look like a disaster. It’s all about you! So think about what you like most about your own appearance and put that on the spotlight! Click here for more information on how to dress for a winter wedding for your body shape.
- Do not feel shy about wearing high pumps. Winter is the perfect season for them and they are very elegant.
- Wear a clutch! Small, discreet and one that works with your outfit.
- Wear stockings (and don’t forget that extra pair! They tear up easily and you should always have a back up!)
- Add beautiful jewelry that is real looking gold, silver, diamond or pearl (in case you do not have the ‘real deal’ often you cannot even tell the difference with some fake ones. Its all about how you put it together and your attitude!)
- Since during a winter wedding people are often more pale than usually and are wearing dark clothes, try to put on makeup that has a vibrant look to it and not a heavy one. Perfect looks include bronze make up or natural looks that only bring up your best features.
- Do spend time on your hair. During winter weddings your hair will look great in a festive up do!
- Have fun! Winter is not an excuse to not find the best outfit possible. Enjoy the thick, warm and fashionable fabrics it has to offer. Add gloves or elegant scarves if you wish. Be confident, it’s all about your attitude after all!
Elegant examples of wedding guest outfits
Chanel Iman knows how to dress for a winter wedding! She wears a festive black with gold dress with a black blazer. Even though the dress is quite short, combined with the blazer is looks sophisticated and beautiful.
Allison Janney is wearing a very chic but stunning silver cocktail dress. A dress like this can only be worn if the wedding is formal, so if you wonder how to dress for a formal winter wedding than this is a good choice, otherwise it would be too much.
Relevant tips and ideas on how to dress for a winter wedding
- Wonder what to wear to a wedding? Just return to My Outdoor Wedding and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next wedding look!