Wondering how to dress for a vintage wedding? We have selected the best wedding guest attire for you! Our fashion advice on what to wear to a vintage wedding has been carefully selected to make you look fabulous at your upcoming vintage wedding.
Lace is always a good detail for a vintage wedding, it looks vintage and it’s soft and feminine so look for a lace dress! Like this lovely yellow dress that Miranda Kerr is wearing.
How to dress for a vintage wedding
- Vintage weddings are eternally classic. Nothing is more beautiful than a wedding inspired in a certain era. It is like going through a time machine. However, vintage weddings can be a nightmare when it comes to picking the right wedding guest outfit and knowing exactly what look you should go for. Hopefully, these tips will help you through the process of choosing an amazing outfit.
- The most important rule is to know which era the wedding will be inspired on! Seems quite obvious, but you should really know in depth about it.
- Search for fashion looks and trends that people followed then. You can do that by searching online or even by watching some movies from that specific time.
- When you are done with your homework the most stressful part begins: how to recreate that look.
- Do not panic! There are plenty of ways to find vintage clothing or vintage inspired clothing. First and foremost, Search online! You will be amazed at how many vintage clothes you will find. Secondly, search for vintage shops on your city and you can often find spectacular vintage clothing for a great price. Another option, is to consider buying the fabric and showing the style you want to a seamstress (it might be a habit that is growing increasingly out of fashion but it is still the best way to get the perfect outfit). Finally, if you tried all of the above a very simple solution is to get an outfit at a normal shop and then adding a vintage touch through accessories or trying to recreate the most prominent trend of that time.
- Shoes and accessories are a must! In a vintage wedding you want to make sure your accessories are well chosen and reflect the correct fashion era.
- The same applies to the hair and make up. Search before choosing the look you want to go for. They should be in perfect harmony with the rest of the outfit and theme of the vintage wedding.
- Have fun! Vintage weddings are unique, so do not over stress about your look. Instead have fun with it!
Lovely examples of vintage wedding guest attire
Sienna Miller is wearing a cute dress that screams 50’s! The floral prit makes this dress perfect for an outdoor garden wedding.
Renee Zellweger is wearing a silver/grey dress that reminds us of old Hollywood glam. This of the shoulder dress looks very chic, which makes it perfect for a more formal wedding.
Relevant tips and ideas on how to dress for a vintage wedding:
- Click here for more information on how to dress for a vintage wedding for your body shape.
- Wonder what to wear to a wedding? Just return to My Outdoor Wedding and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next wedding look!