If you need some inspiration and ideas about how to dress for a summer wedding you are in the right place! Here you will find perfect examples of wedding guest outfits that you may use. Summer is often the most chosen season for weddings so get inspired with our examples of what to wear to a summer wedding.
Emmy Rossum is looking stunning in this fuchsia pink cocktail dress! Bright colored dresses are great for summer weddings!
How to dress for a summer wedding
- Summer is the prime time for weddings. The weather is hot and the sun is shinning. Sounds like the perfect conditions, right? But keep in mind that the wrong outfit could ruin your time. The hot weather can be an enemy when it comes to wearing cocktail gowns. So remember to look for soft and flowy fabrics.
- Like any other wedding try to be informed about where the wedding will take place, whether there is a dress code or not etc. Outside, daytime and country weddings are usually more casual than evening weddings for instances, so dress accordingly.
- Do not wear black for summer weddings. It is too dark and it can become too hot, So think about bright sunny colors. You do not necessarily have to choose the colors that are in fashion. Choose a color that accentuates your eye color and skin tone.
- Do not wear white for the obvious reasons. But neutral colors can be an amazing substitute that is literally never out of fashion.
- Combine your dress with stylish open high heels, sandals or peep toes (important note: if the wedding takes place on uneven soil wedges can perhaps be the classier choice!)
- Wear a small bag or clutch. They are perfect for formal events and can always be re-used again for such occasions.
- Regarding the accessories the rule is quite easy. Find ones that bring out the outfit instead of putting it down. Heavy jewelry that does not bend in with the look can ruin the outfit all together. So choose one statement accessory and tone it down regarding the rest.
- If you are good with make up, adventure yourself and find a look that is in fashion and compliments your guest wedding attire. If you are not wear something soft. If you can afford it do spend a few extra money on going to a hairdresser to make the perfect hair do.
- A nice extra for your more formal summer wedding attire is a hat. Like everything else find the right model that fits both your style and which makes you feel elegant.
- Do not feel overwhelmed about what to wear for a summer wedding. When confused always remember that less is more. No one likes to see over-done make-up, hair and outfits. So by choosing more simple outfits you cannot go wrong!
Stunning examples of wedding guest outfits
Emmy Rossum is here wearing a beautiful yellow cocktail dress that reminds me of the sun!
Red is a warm color that is great choice for an evening wedding. This lovely one shoulder red dress is looking great on Taylor Swift.
Relevant tips and ideas on how to dress for a summer wedding
- Click here for more information on how to dress for a summer wedding for your body shape.
- Wonder what to wear to a wedding? Just return to My Outdoor Wedding and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next wedding look!