Are you looking for information on how to dress for a beach wedding? Beach weddings are timeless and romantic. There is no better scenery for a wedding than a beautiful beach. However, sand, sea breeze and the sea do not exactly yell formality. So finding the right attire can seem quite difficult. Here you will find tips on what to wear to a beach wedding and including examples of wedding guest attire that can help you to look great! Read our advice and get inspired!
Brooklyn Decker is wearing a sea blue long flowy dress with a slit. This dress is very romantic and stunning and perfect for a beach wedding!
How to dress for a beach wedding
Beach weddings have a somewhat less formal and boho feeling to it than the average weddings. It’s all about hitting the right balance by getting inspired with the more relaxed vibe and keeping in mind the ceremony you are attending to. It is a wedding after all. So do not show up in shorts and a tee, that is not the idea!
Read our tips on what to dress for a beach wedding and hopefully you will follow them and feel and look gorgeous on your chosen guest wedding attire:
- Since beach weddings take place outdoors and occur during warm temperatures feel free to use as much color as your want. Both soft pastels and vivid colors can be options.
- Dresses can be maxi or shorter. Maxi dresses can be very sophisticated yet not overly formal. Look for a dress that is the right fabric. Beach weddings call for soft fabrics with movement. Stay away from fabrics that have a “heavy” look like shiny and thick. Cocktail dresses are a good option for those that do not want to risk on the getting the wrong maxi dress. Find one that accentuates your body type. If you are not sure ask someone’s opinion. You can also click here for more information on how to dress for a beach wedding for your body shape.
- Now the tricky part about a beach wedding is shoes (I am sure everyone that gets invited for a beach wedding overly worries about this tiny little problem). Yes, I did just say it is a tiny little problem. There are many great stylish options (that your feet will thank later!) like dressy sandals or wedges. Find ones that match the outfit and that compliment what you are wearing.
- When it comes to the bag keep in mind that for a wedding a bag should never be big. It should be small and discreet. Stay away from overly shiny bags in a beach wedding this does not really fit into the context.
- Accessories should give a natural look to the outfit. Invest in ones that have a real look and not faux bijoux.
- When it comes to the hair a great look is beach waves or a stylish messy hair do. It fits perfectly into the beach wedding vibe. Your make up should be simple yet accentuate your most beautiful features like your eyes, lips or cheekbones. But go for neutral colors and a natural look.
- Have fun! Beach weddings are truly beautiful. Find an outfit you both love and feel comfortable in it! There is nothing more annoying than choosing a dress you feel self-conscious about. So be confident and enjoy!
gorgeous examples of beach wedding attire
This beautiful peach cocktail dress that AnnaLynne is wearing is in a dressy light fabric and a warm color that reminds us of a sunset at the beach at a warm summer night.
Shoes: Michael Kors, clutch: Diane von Furstenberg, accessories: Polyvore
For a more fun look, go for a bright color. A beach wedding is the ultimate event to wear a beautiful bright colored dress like this stunning orange dress that Lindsay Ellingson is wearing!
We hope that you loved these tips on how to dress for a beach wedding as much as we did. For more wedding fashion advice go to My Outdoor Wedding.