Are you invited and do you want to know how to dress cocktail for men? Then you’re at the right place. Here we provide all information you need. The dress code cocktail is a specific dress code for elegant occasion like weddings. You are supposed to wear cocktail attire. Cocktail attire is between formal and semi formal. With the tips given below and our selected wedding guest outfit pictures you’ll be able to find the perfect outfit for your upcoming event.
The dress code cocktail is very popular for elegant occasions like weddings. If you are expected to wear cocktail attire than this means that men are supposed to wear a suit and tie. The most appropriate colors for a suit are mid grey, blue and brown. Keep in mind that dark colors look more formal than lighter colors. If the wedding takes place in the summer or during the afternoon, the suit can be lighter. In the evening and in the winter the suit should bein a dark color. A tuxedo is not considered as cocktail attire since it is too formal.
How to dress cocktail for men
- Wear a mid grey, blue or brown suit. Don’t wear a tuxedo.
- Choose a white or other light colored shirt that matches with the color of your suit.
- Go for a tie that is in the same color tone as your shirt and suit or in another matching color to provide a different accent. We recommend a solid colored tie. The tie can be plain or with patterns. During the night it’s possible to take of your tie, if the formality of the event allows it.
- As footwear wear leather dress shoes. Go for dark colors like black and brown. Make sure that your shoes are polished.
- Go for long and dark silk or fine woolen socks. Don’t wear sport socks.
- Wear a leather belt that matches with the color of your outfit.
- You can choose to wear a pocket square to give your outfit something extra. If the wedding is more formal, you are expected to wear a pocket square. The color of the pocket square should not be the same color as your tie. You’re always save when the pocket square matches with the color of your shirt. The pocket square can be plain or with patterns.
- There are no specific rules according to the accessories. Nevertheless keep your accessories simple and tasteful with one or two pieces like a watch. Never overdo your accessories.
- Put some effort in your hair, wear some perfume and you’re good to go. Enjoy!
Wedding guest outfit pictures
Relevant tips and ideas on how to dress cocktail for men:
- Now that you know how to dress cocktail for men, click here for more dress codes!
- Wonder what to wear to a wedding? Just return to My Outdoor Wedding and check out our newest updates, pictures and information about your next wedding look!